Managing Workplace Challenges: #MeToo, Marijuana and More
ABOUT THE WEBINAR:
In 2018, every workplace has been impacted by a broad range of social, economic, and political changes - and challenges. Healthcare employers – large, medium, and small - must recognize, understand, and be prepared to address these trending issues. This Webinar will focus on contemporary workplace issues, including the #MeToo movement, marijuana in the workplace, mental health issues, and more.
We will cover:
• #MeToo issues in the workplace
• Equal pay and salary history
• Marijuana and the workplace
• Mental health issues and accommodations
• State paid leave trends
• Other trending topics impacting the workplace
Upon completion of this webinar, attendees will:
• Have an understanding of current workplace issues facing employers;
• Learn about policies and practices that can be implemented or updated to address these issues;
• Receive practical guidance on addressing workplace challenges and limiting employment-related risk.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Miriam Rosen is Chair of the Labor and Employment Practice Group at McDonald Hopkins PLC. She represents and counsels employers on a wide-range of labor and employment law issues. Miriam’s practice focuses on counseling employers on day-to-day human resource matters to ensure compliance with complex issues arising from state and federal employment laws, such as the FMLA, ADA, and civil rights statutes.
Miriam regularly works with health care employers to develop effective strategies for addressing difficult employment situations. Miriam regularly conducts seminars and training for managers and staff on workplace compliance issues.
MO MGMA offers a FREE Webinar Series as a benefit of membership. Our webinars focus on the domains of the ACMPE Body of Knowledge. These webinars are free to ALL members. To register as a non-member for a fee, please contact Rebekah Francis or Join MO MGMA. Webinars will be eligible for one ACMPE Credit Hour. Recordings of webinars will be available online in the Members' Only section of our website. Invitations to sign up for the webinars will be sent directly to members.